miércoles, 30 de noviembre de 2011

Puebla (Mexico) -ENG-

After the nice experience in Mexico City, I was not sure, if I should forget about Puebla and go directly to Oaxaca to recover some days I "overspent" in Mexico City, but it´s like 8 hours trip and a 24 hours stop in Puebla couldn´t be so bad.


Also Miriam, who I met in DF, told me she would like to visit Puebla a second time. So we took the bus together and spent 24 hours in Puebla, but I called Carlos, from CS just to have a drink and sleep at him that night. The next day I should depart to Oaxaca...

Of course, once you meet Carlos, it´s not so easy to leave Puebla without spending a little more time with him and friends, specially with his roomies.



So my overnight stay in Puebla became to a 72 hours stay, including  one-kilo taco experience, chicken wings with habaneros, the hottest chili ever, cemitas (nice sandwiches made in Puebla), mole poblano, and further gastronomic delights.




I had honestly a lot of fun with Carlos and his roomies, and I wish I could stay longer, but it was again time to go with that kind of sadness for leaving.

Puebla is the 4th biggest city in Mexico, after Mexico City, Guadalajara and Monterrey. Around 2 mill. inhabitans, and it´s an historical city, but the city center seems to be quite small for more than 2 days.



Puebla is also famous for having 365 churches, so one for every single day of the year.



Puebla was hesdquarter for over 40 years of a huge Volkswagen factory, with the famous VW Beatle as main star.



Just 9 km. from Puebla away you can find Cholula. A quite old city, which main santuary is located on the top of a artificial hill. I say artificial, because under this is hidden the biggest pyramid in the world. even bigger than the pyramid of Keos in Egypt.



Imagine what Hernán  Cortés said when he arrrived to Cholula in 1519 and saw this amazing construction....




Nowadays it´s under the hill , but some remaning archeological rests can be visited in the surrunding of the hill-

Also form the top of the santuary you can see the famous Popo ( Popocatepetl), an active volcano covered under a mantle of snow, and which still belch out asches and and lava from time to time, for example, when I was leaving to Oaxaca.


Puebla is also like Mexiko over 2.000 meter above sea level, and can be cold during the night, but the warmess of the people I met made up for this cold weather.

I really had fun with those guys, and I hope them soon: whenever, whereever...


Thanks Carlos, roomies and other "pipopes". It was really nice to meet you, pinches pendejos!

Wish you the best.

Javier

1 comentario:

  1. Dios, como me gustaría ir a Mexico!! Y quiero comer TODO lo que he visto en tus fotos :D

    ResponderEliminar