domingo, 18 de diciembre de 2011

Not everything is nice. Ciudad Hidalgo. Mexico-Guatemala border. -ENG-

Not everything ist nice. Ciudad Hidalgo. Mexico-Guatemala border. -ENG-

I had some problems at the border. It was nothing serious. Don´t worry, but it was quite annoying. I gonna tell you why-

I spent my last day in Mexico with a nice CS-family in Tapachula. They were very kind and friendly to me. And I really appreciate it.

I took my direct bus from Tapachula to Guatemala City at 11:30 am. One hour later we reached Ciudad Hidalgo, basically it´s just the mexican border to Guatemala. We were asked to get off,  and go to the passport control.

For my surprise I shoud have payed in a bank a foreign taxes before leaving Mexico.

How should I know that??? Nobody at the arrrival told me about that. It was not written anywhere in the document I kept with me these 3 weeks.

No friends nor people I met here said anything about this matter. Even when I bought the ticket. They just said, "please have your passport with you for the border passport control , not in your luggage"

So, the officer asked for that receipt I didn´t have. But he told me, I could pay the $262  (20 USD) cash. But I had no more pesos, and just guess: there was no fucking ATM at the fucking border. Wonderful, isn´t it? What can I do?

Basically  I can cross the border without paying. But with no stamp in my passport. So if I would come back to Mexico in the future, I will pay this tax plus an fine  with increasing interestes. Shit!!! I will do come back to Mexico, but so I prefer to pay this fucking taxes, but how??

Suddendly I remembered I had some US-Dollars from my last visit to Cambodia. You probably remember that the people at the border forgot to charged me the 20 USD for my visa.

Do you see?? That´s KARMA, my dear friend. I didn´t pay that visa in Cambodia and because of it, now I had to pay the 20 USD I kept left for some emergency situation like this one. But of course Karma doesn´t charge just those things for free. I had to pay a fine with interestes.

My fine? After I got the 20 USD from my backpack I run the 200 meter down to the checkpoint to pay. The bus driver said to me I should come back in 2-3 minutes, before the bus leave.

So I run down as quick I could. Now I think it´s not the best idea to cross a this dangerous border running  like a bat out of hell.

But in that moment I just could think about the mustache of the bus driver, who even started to bus again and was ready to go.

I jumped to long queue with many apologies for the people waiting there- I pay the 20 USD, and I kept the 2 dollars left in my wallet and run back to the bus.

Oh, god, this fucking mustache...

But just some meters before I could reach the bus I got a kind of bad feeling. That´s feeling, I felt like a slap in the back of my neck. It´s the Karma, when it wants to say me: "I told you, dude!". When I felt that, I touched my pocket to check where my wallet was. I was ---gone.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiit !!!

Inside my wallet, it was not money, just the 2 USD left, $4 left from Mexico, my 5 other importat things for me: my spanish ID, my fake student ID (made in Bangkok), my original german driving license, the key of my lock and the pictures of my two nieces.

I explained that to the bus driver and stewardess and I asked desperated for 2 minutes. Both refused my request and  they said we had to go. And so we did. Without my wallet. I was very angry with myself and sad.

It was my fault. Not for running without paying attention to my wallet, but for not paying the 20 USD and challenge the karma.

Sorry my friend. It forgot you are always over anyone of us.

But the karma, like people said :"when God shuts a door, He always opens a window", (Dios aprieta pero no ahoga). Once the bus started, you got some snack and drinks included in the bus ticket. A kind man, who saw all my frustiation during those minutes, offered me his lunch box, and he said: "you will need it as long you can take money from a bank"

He was right. Karma sent him to me to remind I am still lucky because I still have the two most important things: my passport and my credit card.

So, please, please, Karma, forgive me. I am very sorry about all this situation.

I will probably make some wrongs things in the future, but you can be sure, I will accept again the price I need too pay for it, the same way I really  appreciate when you send good things to me for the good acts I did but forgot.

and you dear friends, you can or can not believe in Karma. I do, as other people believe in God, Elvis or Steve Jobs.

So, do not never forget about the departures taxes in Latinamerica. Almost all the countries have such a taxes.

1 comentario: